Once you have decided to book an appointment, please complete and return to us the forms below at least 24 hours before the consultation / treatment where possible.
Why the therapist need to know about my health and medical conditions, my daily / weekly skin care routine, products I use, about my opinion relates to my skin condition / type, family life, work and home life balance, environmental factors and internal factors?
All the information helps the therapist select the right treatment to your needs; make sure safely can be carried out.
Allow to decide which products to be applied or can be applied, or the treatment can go ahead or to be postponed / not advised or need any modification.
There are some contra indications which required medical referral and prevent facials, such as any bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic infections, systemic medical conditions, severe skin conditions, acne, eye infections just some examples.
So if you feel you might have / or diagnosed by a doctor any of the above; please do not book any appointment as unable to offer the facial services until your doctor confirms it is safe to do.
It might happen that at consultation the beautician identify any contra indication, where you will be advised to see your GP for proper diagnosis. Please consider the beautician can not set up a proper diagnosis, can not offer any medication to treat as do not qualified to do so.
There are some conditions, which however the facial can be carried out, but restricted with modifications. You will be informed on your consultation appointment if this is the case.
Contra-actions might occur during or after the facial; such as excessive erythema or irritation or both.
What to do?
If this happens during the treatment, the therapist stops the facial, and gently remove all products applied onto the skin, followed by applying cold compress / calamine mask to the affected area if required.
It is advised at home keep continue applying cold compresses, if required within the next 24 hours. The reaction should have gone within this time. If not; recommended to seek medical advice from pharmacist or GP.
Age restrictions: under 16 parental consent and attendance required along with bookings made out of school hours.
Mini facial - Cleanse, tone, mask and moisturise.
Mini facial – gold mask - Cleanse, tone, gold-mask and moisturise.
Facial - Cleanse, tone, exfoliate, massage, mask, lip mask, under eye patch and moisturise.
Products are carefully selected, based on the client’s skin conditions and consultation.
Product range: Kaeso
Make sure advices below are followed as best of yours, for the longer effect of the treatment, keep your skin healthy, well looking.
1. Avoid applying makeup to the area
2. Avoid heat treatments or sun exposure
3. Drink plenty of water, ideally two litres a day
4. Avoid caffeine, alcohol amoking
5. Eat a light, healthy diet
6. Use home facial care products suits to the skin type / condition, to be discussed with the beautician further
7. Book facial regularly at least every 4-6 weeks, or as per your beautician advises
8. If you are happy with the service provided by The Beauty Corner & Training Academy's staff, stay with us! It is worth to go back to the same therapist.
The process removes the dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin, along with the vellus hair often called as "peach fuzz". The technician using a scalpel and exfoliates the skin manually using light feathering strokes. The procedure quick, with few or no adverse complications. Advantages of dermaplaning, that primes the skin and promotes collagen stimulation. Fine lines and wrinkles became smoother, and the skin will has a radiant glow effect.
Age restriction: 18 or over
Treatment specific contra-indications when the treatment can not be carried out:
- Diabetes - not controlled by diet or medication
- Cancer - if currently undergoing treatment
- Blood thinners
- History of problems with bleeding
- Higher dosage or frequency of Aspirin
- Retin A - within 5 days
- Chemical peel / laser treatment within 14 days
- Cold sores
- Windburn / sunburn
- Roaccutane within 12 months
- LPL facial rejuvenation within 28 days
The treatment includes double cleansing, manual exfoliation with scalpel, mask application, followed by serum, moisturiser and SPF cream applied.
Can be combined with LED light therapy if preferred.
1. After the treatment you might feel your skin dry, tight which is normal
2. Use extra moisturiser
3. For 24 hours after dermaplane, do not use sunbed, sunbath, sauna/steam room or hot shower/bath, do not swim in chlorinated water
4. Always use a high SPF on your skin
5. For 5 days after dermaplane avoid electrolysis, waxing or bleach any part of your face
6. Do not parttake in excessive exercise
7. Make up can be applied after 24 hours, preferably mineral based
8. In case of undergoing laser or IPL treatment take the directed advises
9. To help prevent dehydration of your skin try to avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine
10. Use the products recommended by your therapist
11. Hydrate - drink plenty of water, this helps eliminate toxins, retain moisture / 6-8 glasses of water preferably bottled or filtered
12. Book facial regularly at least every 4-6 weeks, or as per your beautician advises
13. If you are happy with the service provided by The Beauty Corner & Training Academy's staff, stay with us! It is worth to go back to the same therapist.
LED light facial therapy
LED therapy using specific colour wavelengths of light recommended to all skin types, conditions. The results achieved different, depending on the colour of light used.
It is beneficial as reduces and heals acne, prevents acne breakouts; reduces age spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, large pores and lightens pigmentation.
Possible contra-indications preventing the LED therapy:
Viruses, bacterial, fungal infections, undiagnosed lumps or swelling, broken bones, any known sensitivity or allergy to products.
Conditions which the treatment restricted or may have to be adapted:
Cuts/abrasions/broken skin, bruises or swelling, recent scar tissues, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne vulgaris, acne rosalea, skin tag, milia, recent sunburn, claustrophobia, broken capillaries/veins, areas of botox administered minimum 2 weeks prior to be avoided.
Possible contra-actions might occur such as watery eyes, skin reaction, excessive perspiration, excessive erythema. Any sign of contra-actions should be improved within 24 hours. If lasts longer, should seek medical advice from GP.
Once consultation completed, skin analysis proceeds; depending on the results of skin analysis the therapist selects with care the products to be used refers to the client's skin type. The treatment involves double cleansing, application of toner, exfoliate the skin, facial wash, steaming followed with LED light therapy and gentle relaxing facial massage, finishes with moisturising; eye creams / serum / lip balm application.
1. At least for 24 hours do not apply any make-up, spray tan products
2. At least for the first 12 hours avoid overstimulation and heat treatments
3. Avoid highly perfumed products
4. After facial treatment no facial depilation
5. Use regularly home-care products relates to your skin type
6. Do not pick the skin
7. Avoid excess sweating / sauna / steam
8. Book facial regularly at least every 4-6 weeks, or as per your beautician advises; it will helps to regulate skin problems
9. If any rash, irritation, itching occurs apply a cool flannel to soothe
10. If you are happy with the service provided by The Beauty Corner & Training Academy's staff, stay with us! It is worth to go back to the same therapist.