Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDP, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legalisation;
GDPR: the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd., we or us: a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC646067 whose registered office is at Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor 48 West George Street Glasgow, G2 1BP, Scotland.
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you: a third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Us, and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website: the website that you are currently using. https://www.academythebeautycorner.com
any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa,
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd. is the "data controller", this means that The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you: information:
Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details such as e-mail address, phone number' full address; date of birth)
Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers, PayPal details, bank account numbers
Any other information might required to store due to insurance purposes, law purposes and not included above, we will discuss with this information in advance with you, in case if required.
How we collect data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to Us by You; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data is given to Us by You
7. The Beauty Corner & Training Academy Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
When you contacting us either through the website, phone, e-mail, post, any other means
When you register with us, set up an account to receive our services/products
When you collect surveys that we use for research purposes (you are not obliged to respond them)
When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel
When you make payments to us through the website or otherwise
When you elect to receive marketing communications from us
Data is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information help us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/services;
c. transmissions by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
Soft-opt-in: consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular products/services). We will take your consent as given unless you opt out.
For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we will provide.
If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
Keeping data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
We store you data on secure servers.
Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer you Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object ot our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address:
email@example.com if you wish to make a request, we have one month to respond.
21. If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
22. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchase of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Cookies used by us to improve you experience of using the website and to improve our range of products/services. We have carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
28. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK/EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Beauty Corner & Training Academy to provide better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish deny consent to placing of Cookies, however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
30. This website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary, these are required for the operation of our website. They include for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies, they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functional cookies, these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example your choice of language, or region).
31. You can find a list of cookies that we use in the cookies schedule.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies form your computer.
38. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish.
You may contact the Beauty Corner & Training Academy by email at
Below a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Strictly necessary: we use this session cookie to remember the user and maintain his/her session whilist he/she using our website.
Analytical/performance: we use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the website.
Functional: We use this cookie to identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our website.